A family must meet the following criteria:
- Father is a veteran or U.S. service member deployed in the U.S. military
- Mother can be a veteran or civilian
- Father experienced an event during deployment in which he or someone he cared about was in danger of death or serious injury
- Father and mother are married or living together
- Father and mother have at least one biological child between the ages of 7 and 16 years old
- Father, mother, and child all agree to participate in the study
There are additional study requirements as well. If you are interested in the study, one of our team members will speak with you over the phone to learn more about you and your family to help figure out whether the study would be a good fit for you.
We believe that studying military families in which the mother deploys is very important. Because this is a small pilot study examining biological factors that would likely be very different in mothers and fathers, we had to limit our sample to deployed fathers. We are hoping this study will give us enough pilot data to conduct a larger study which would allow us to also look at mothers who have deployed.