What Makes Road Home Unique
A team that understands
At the Road Home you will find a team of professionals who understand what you’re going through. Many of us are veterans ourselves, so we know the struggles of reintegration.
Our team includes trauma psychologists, social workers, traumatic brain injury specialists and child psychologists. We provide confidential, compassionate counseling for individuals, couples, children and families.
A lifeline for families
When you serve in the armed forces, your whole family serves. That’s why the Road Home offers care and support to veterans’ families, including spouses, children, siblings, parents, significant others and caregivers.
Family members can receive treatment at the Road Home even if their veterans choose not to get help at this time.
Do you need help?
You always said you’d never seek help. You thought asking for help meant you couldn’t hack it. But it doesn’t. Seeking help takes courage, strength and initiative. You have the power to pick yourself up.
We can help if you’re facing any of the following challenges:
- Feeling depressed
- Feeling anxious and constantly on high alert
- Feeling emotionally numb
- Feeling guilty that you survived
- Having problems concentrating and focusing
- Having trouble with sleeping and/or nightmares
- Abusing drugs and/or alcohol
- Avoiding activities that you once enjoyed
- Becoming increasingly angry and irritable
- Thinking of hurting yourself or others
- Reliving traumatic situations
- Struggling with personal relationships
- Having parenting or marital issues